New York: Adweek Challenger Brands Summit
I arrived in New York on Tuesday to attend the Adweek ‘Challenger Brands Summit’. Yesterday was day 1 & the Global Marketing VPs and CMOs were dropping gems.
My favourite conversations included;
- NFL discussing fan acquisition from completely new audiences by using younger players. Their ‘Next 100’ celebration film is excellent.
- TikTok unpacking how they moved from lip syncing and dance challenges to completely new categories still all aligned to music. (TFR are launching something EPIC for our clients to do with Tik Tok next month).
- YouTube , lessons on agile storytelling on the platform.
- Pernod Ricard on how subcultures helped them revive their whisky category without deviating from their core.
- Parallel, at what point will cannabis brands need a brand and is this legalisation the biggest threat to bars and nightlife.
Reddit, Inc. , I actually didn’t know the UK was their second largest market. Some of their results from campaigns were exceptional. It’s such a highly engaged platform and real to life.
The day ended with a talk from one of my media heroes Charlamagne tha God. Talking everything from drive & ambition, therapy and his influence with the Democrat Elect.
Day 2 today WITH DJ KHALED!!!
The king of hype & legacy! Brandweek